The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an international congregation of Catholic Sisters with offices located in Oregon, Washington California and Windsor, Canada.
SNJM prides itself on creating a warm and caring work environment. We treat one another with dignity, seek understanding and we value differences.
If the SNJM work environment sounds like what you are looking for, we invite you to apply for the Clinical Care Nurse position in Seattle. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life insurance and short and long-term disability, a generous 401(k) program, 11 paid holidays per year and paid time off starting at 18 days/year.
POSITION SUMMARY: As part of the Province Health and Well-Being department, this position provides nursing care management to the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) who are living primarily in Seattle, WA. The RN consults and advises regarding healthcare needs and services, performing all essential functions of care coordination. This position contributes to the enhancement of the Sister’s understanding of her own medical needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists and advises individual Sisters who have requested assistance or who have been identified as needing assistance with healthcare and related services.
2. Performs all essential functions of care coordination which includes assessment,
development of health and related needs-based plan, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and adjustment.
3. Keeps Director of Healthcare Services, and those appropriately involved in a particular Sister's health situation, updated on a regular basis. Sends weekly summary to Province.
4. Works closely with Manager of Healthcare Services and SNJM Washington Benefits Coordinator in areas relating to insurance, benefits, and special equipment.
5. Assists Sisters in communicating with healthcare providers (physicians, discharge planners, home health agencies, hospice, and healthcare facilities, etc.).
6. In collaboration with the Director of Healthcare Services/Coordinator of Healthcare Services facilitates, coordinates, and monitors use of home care and other community-based services.
7. Transports and accompanies Sisters to medical appointments when health advocacy is needed, or supports others in doing so, especially at times of health transition, surgery, etc.
8. Transports and/or meets Sister at the Emergency Department as needed.
9. Serves as a resource to Sister and her chosen support person(s), especially during times of health transitions, serious medical conditions, and/or surgery.
10. Provides and/or assists with education of Sisters about health and wellness topics and available resources including planning, presenting, and/or implementing health and wellness programs (e.g., fall prevention, brain fitness, etc.)
2. Must model SNJM Guiding Values in conducting work activities and responsibilities.
3. Must be able to respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
4. Thorough knowledge and understanding of the concepts of aging and concerns of the elderly population.
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally, empathetically, and compassionately with elder population who may be ill, disabled, hospitalized, and/or experiencing loss.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of and experience coordinating community resources in Spokane
Mission Centre areas.
7. Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with SNJM Sisters, staff, and external contacts.
8. High degree of flexibility and adaptability to shifting priorities and time constraints.
9. Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a timely manner.
10. Demonstrated written and verbal skills to assure effective communication.
11. Ability to respond to urgent and/or stressful situations appropriately and calmly.
12. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and other computer software programs including, but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook.
13. Valid drivers' license and personal vehicle; good driving record.
14. Ability to travel frequently within Seattle Mission Centre area daily in fulfilling job responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Position requires work in office setting along with travel by personal vehicle to conduct site visits to Sisters’ homes and/or medical facilities. Must be able to assist Sisters with transportation, and with getting into and out of vehicles. Requires ability to lift/maneuver wheelchairs, walkers, and other medical equipment.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names visit: www.snjmusontario.org
11. Actively participates in periodic Health and Well-Being meetings, intercommunity health care meetings and workshops/seminars related to care coordination.
12. May occasionally provide direct nursing care services on a limited basis with the approval of the Director of Healthcare Services.
HOURS: 32 hours/week. Occasional evening and/or weekend hours as needed. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Associates Degree or bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Experience: RN with 5 – 8 years’ experience including home health care management
experience, or equivalent. Geriatric experience required.
Certification: RN license-State of Washington
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Must be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.