The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an international congregation of Catholic Sisters with offices located in Oregon, Washington California and Windsor, Canada.
SNJM prides itself on creating a warm and caring work environment. We treat one another with dignity, seek understanding and we value differences.
If the SNJM work environment sounds like what you are looking for, we invite you to apply for the Donor Relations Manager position we have in our Spokane office.
The Donor Relations Manager (DRM) supports the Sisters of the Holy Names at the regional level to strengthen donor relationships and deepen financial support for the SNJM mission and ministries. The DRM cultivates and develops relationships with donors and is a bridge between the donor’s desires and interests and the SNJM mission, with a goal of upgrading donations and retaining donors.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Engage a defined group of benefactors in Washington (particularly in the Spokane, Seattle and Yakima regions) to strengthen relationships and move them along the path toward greater engagement.
- Fulfill cultivation, solicitation and stewardship efforts including thank you calls and/or personal notes.
- Help organize annual donor recognition events in the Washington region.
- Maintain accurate records of donor outreach in database to ensure a complete and comprehensive view of donor experience.
- Participate in regular meetings with the Advancement Team to ensure understanding of organizational priorities, collaborate to improve connections with all donors, and develop specific stewardship and solicitation strategies. Implement solicitation and stewardship strategies as appropriate.
This position is based at the Washington Regional Office in Spokane, with hours agreed upon with the supervisor, based on a 40-hour work week. The position will require travel throughout the state of Washington.
We know that there is no such thing as the perfect candidate. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t meet every position requirement – instead, use your application or cover letter to let us know what excites you about the role and what transferable skills or other qualities you would like to bring to the Sisters of the Holy Names!
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five years relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience including cultivating and soliciting prospects capable of five-figure gifts, preferably working with religious organizations
- Broad knowledge of fundraising concepts, particularly major and planned giving
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Systems and familiarity with donor databases
- Strong project management & organizational skills
- Ability to read and write cursive handwriting
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, including possible overnight travel, as required
All current employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID‐19 unless a reasonable accommodation is approved as a result of a medical or religious exemption.
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance and short and long-term disability, a generous 401(k) program, 11 paid holidays per year and paid time off starting at 18 days/year.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names visit: www.snjmusontario.org
- This position requires an individual who understands the importance of connecting with donors and making them feel appreciated and essential to the mission of Sisters of the Holy names.
- The incumbent must have interpersonal and communication skills to interact professionally, diplomatically and productively with colleagues and contacts at all levels. Able to work both independently and collaboratively.