The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an international congregation of Catholic Sisters with offices located in Oregon, Washington California and Windsor, Canada.
SNJM prides itself on creating a warm and caring work environment. We treat one another with dignity, seek understanding and we value differences.
If the SNJM work environment sounds like what you are looking for, we invite you to apply for the Maintenance Porter position we have in our Lake Oswego office. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life insurance and short and long-term disability, a generous 401(k) program, 11 paid holidays per year and paid time off starting at 18 days/year.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Maintenance Porter works closely with the Oregon Sisters Services Coordinator to support Sister community events, assist with vehicle fleet maintenance and other general facilities duties as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS: The essential functions listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High school diploma.
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of experience. Preferred experience working with an elderly population.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Fleet maintenance: assists with scheduled maintenance, cleaning and general upkeep of vehicle exteriors and interiors.
- Sets up and removes seating and AV equipment for special events at Oregon Regional Office or other SNJM locations. (Foyer, Chapel)
- Provide basic support for cell phone, iPad and laptop usage.
- Assists with hospitality at events as requested.
- In collaboration with Mary’s Woods, Sister Services Staff and Health and Well-Being staff, assist with residential moves for the Sisters to include moving furniture, cleaning and interior upgrades as needed.
- Responsible for assisting individual sisters with disposing of personal and/or household belongings.
- Ensures that the SNJM attic and basement is organized and safe for Sisters and SNJM employees.
- Assists with Mary’s Woods or outside vendors for shuttles and/or parking assistance during special events.
- Responsible for trash and recycling at Oregon Regional Office.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.
- Must model SNJM Guiding Values in carrying out work activities and responsibilities.
- Must be able to respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently while keeping the Sister Services Coordinator informed of the status of projects or assignments.
- Knowledge of AV systems and technical experience with cell phones, iPads and laptops.
- Flexibility and adaptability in the midst of change of when redirected.
- Ability to use tact and good judgment in responding to a variety of personalities and situations.
- Must be able to safely and regularly push/pull boxes or equipment up to 50 lbs. and lift up to 35 lbs.
- Use of safe body mechanics in all areas of responsibility.
- Must be able to assist Sisters with transportation and with getting into and out of vehicles.
- Requires ability to appropriately lift, maneuver wheelchairs, walkers, and other medical equipment.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods.
HOURS: 40 hours per week. Occasional evenings and/or weekends as confirmed.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names visit: www.snjmusontario.org