The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an international congregation of Catholic Sisters with offices located in Oregon, Washington California and Windsor, Canada.
SNJM prides itself on creating a warm and caring work environment. We treat one another with dignity, seek understanding and we value differences.
If the SNJM work environment sounds like what you are looking for, we invite you to apply for the Donor Relations Manager position we have in our Lake Oswego office.
The Donor Relations Manager supports the Sisters of the Holy Names at the regional level to strengthen donor relationships and deepen financial support for the SNJM mission and ministries. The Donor Relations Manager cultivates and develops relationships with donors and is a bridge between the donor’s desires and interests and the SNJM mission, with a goal of upgrading donations and retaining donors.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Engage a defined group of benefactors in person or by phone, email and/or mail to strengthen relationships and move them along the path toward greater engagement.
- Fulfill cultivation and stewardship efforts like thank you calls and/or personal notes.
- Maintain accurate records of donor outreach in database to ensure a complete and comprehensive view of donor experience.
- Participate in regular meetings with the Advancement Team to ensure understanding of organizational priorities, collaborate to improve connections with all donors, and develop specific stewardship and solicitation strategies. Implement solicitation and stewardship strategies as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five years relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience including cultivating and soliciting prospects capable of five-figure gifts, preferably working with religious organizations
- Broad knowledge of fundraising concepts, particularly major and planned giving
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Systems and familiarity with donor databases
- Strong project management & organizational skills
- Ability to read and write cursive handwriting
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, including possible overnight travel, as required
All current employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID‐19 by November 15, 2021 unless a reasonable accommodation is approved as a result of a medical or religious exemption.
- This position requires an individual who understands the importance of connecting with donors and making them feel appreciated and essential to the mission of Sisters of the Holy names.
- The incumbent must have interpersonal and communication skills to interact professionally, diplomatically and productively with colleagues and contacts at all levels. Able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- You must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or exemption prior to start date. New employees must show they've had both doses of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines (or one dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine) and are 14 days past the final dose prior to start date.
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life insurance and short and long-term disability, a generous 401(k) program, 11 paid holidays per year and paid time off starting at 18 days/year.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names visit: www.snjmusontario.org