The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an international congregation of Catholic Sisters with offices located in Oregon, Washington California and Windsor, Canada.
SNJM prides itself on creating a warm and caring work environment. We treat one another with dignity, seek understanding and we value differences.
If the SNJM work environment sounds like what you are looking for, we invite you to apply for the part-time Registered Nurse position we have in our Lake Oswego office. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance and short and long-term disability, a generous 401(k) program, 10 paid holidays per year and paid time off starting at 18 days/year.
SUMMARY: As part of the Health and Well-Being team, provides nursing care management to SNJMs living in Mary’s Woods and the Provincial House. Consults and advises regarding healthcare needs and services. Enhances Sister’s understanding of her own medical needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists and advises individual Sisters who have requested assistance or who have been identified as needing assistance with healthcare and related services.
- Leads daily rounds of Sisters in Mary’s Woods and the Provincial House.
- Keeps Clinical Care Coordinator and those appropriately involved in a particular Sister's health situation updated on a regular basis.
- Maintains positive, professional working relationships with physicians, nursing, social services, pastoral, and other staff at Mary’s Woods to facilitate optimal care of Sisters.
5. Attends weekly SNJM care team meeting and actively participates in other periodic Health and Well-Being meetings, intercommunity health care meetings and workshops/seminars related to care coordination.
- Other related duties as needed and/or directed.
Works in close collaboration with Sisters, Province Health and Well-Being Team, designated Province Leadership Team member, Mary’s Woods SNJM Community Life Directors, Oregon H & WB Team members, SNJM administrative and regional office staff, Mary’s Woods staff, and others as necessary
: To perform this job successfully individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Graduation from an accredited nursing program; RN
Licensed Nurse with 3-5 years’ experience. Clinical experience including home health care management experience, or equivalent. Long-term care, geriatric or behavioral health a plus.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.
- Must model SNJM Guiding Values in carrying out work activities and responsibilities.
- Must be able to respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the concepts of aging and concerns of the elderly population.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally, empathetically, and compassionately with elder population who may be ill, disabled, hospitalized, and/or experiencing loss.
- Understanding of and ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience coordinating community resources in Portland metro area, with ability to research, evaluate, and coordinate community resources in other areas of Oregon as needed.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with SNJM Sisters, staff, and external contacts.
- Must be able to function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with Sisters, staff, providers, and external facilities.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated written and verbal skills to assure effective communication.
- Ability to respond to urgent and/or stressful situations appropriately and calmly.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and other computer software programs including, but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Valid drivers' license and personal vehicle
- Ability to travel occasionally within Portland Metro area in carrying out job responsibilities.
32 hours per week. Non-exempt. Some on-call responsibilities.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names visit: www.snjmusontario.org