The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an international congregation of Catholic Sisters with offices located in Oregon, Washington California and Windsor, Canada.
The Sisters are dedicated to the full development of the human person through education, social justice, contemplation, and the arts. Our staff, through their work, live out this vision in support of the Sisters, their mission, and their ministries.
SNJM prides itself on creating a warm and caring work environment. We treat one another with dignity, seek understanding and we value differences. Our teams build supportive relationships that foster openness, trust, and harmony. We look for ways to develop the knowledge, skills and abilities of our employees and encourage staff to think creatively and innovatively.
If the SNJM work environment sounds like what you are looking for, we invite you to apply for the part-time Receptionist position we have in our Lake Oswego office. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance and short and long-term disability, a generous 401(k) program, 10 paid holidays per year and paid time off starting at 18 days/year.
The part-time Receptionist position provides hospitality to visitors at the SNJM Province office, is responsible for scheduling use of space and assists with general administrative duties and clerical support. This position is responsible for routine meeting hospitality and assists in details of major events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides hospitality to visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately.
- Answers main Province phone line, screens and direct calls and takes messages as needed. Provides information to callers.
- Coordinates hospitality, catering arrangements, setup, and cleanup for on campus meetings including the three overnight hospitality options.
- Schedules meeting rooms and use of the three housing options in consultation with the Executive Assistant (Historic Laundry Building, Faculty House, and apartment).
- Assists as needed with travel arrangements for Sisters attending on campus meetings.
- For major Province events, assists PLT Executive Assistant with coordination of vendors, caterers, hotels, and transportation. Organizes event registration, special accommodation request and other logistics, working with PLT Administrative Assistant and planning committee to ensure all event details are in place.
- Inventories and orders office supplies and over-sees general upkeep of project room.
- Inventories and orders kitchen supply inventory and ordering.
- Assists as requested with mailings or other clerical tasks.
- Updates staff extension lists.
- Receives deliveries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The person must believe in and be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names to promote justice and create community. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Graduate or GED.
Minimum of 2 years office related experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.
- Must model SNJM Guiding Values in carrying out work activities and responsibilities.
- Must be able to respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill with writing and editing in English, including proficiency in grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Ability to work independently as well as flexibility in adjusting to changing circumstances and new priorities.
Position has a light degree of physical demands, performed in an office setting. Requires ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
Part-time, 20 or 25 hours per week Monday through Friday.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical/dental, group life and disability coverage, a 401K plan, and paid time off.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names visit: www.snjmusontario.org