The Administrative Assistant is responsible for various accounting and administrative functions in support of the Finance Department and as may be directed by the Director of Accounting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Sister Services Accounting Coordinator with various accounting and administrative tasks
- Enter deposits into MIP accounting software
- Enter transactions into appropriate general ledger accounts by keying transaction into the MIP modules
- Responsible for the filing systems in the Finance Office and assisting with offsite storage.
- Respects confidentiality of information and records.
- Assist with opening and distributing mail
- Assist with reconciliation of staff credit card payments.
- Performs account lookups, reconciliations and reports.
- Prints and utilizes computer reports as needed.
- Is organized, and keeps orderly, accessible files.
- Follows established safety policies and procedures.
- Attends staff meetings and other designated meetings for the department and organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Accounting.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The person must believe in and be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names to promote justice and create community. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or GED.
Two to four years of experience in office administration, with one to three years of practical experience in accounting or bookkeeping.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.
- Must model SNJM Guiding Values in carrying out work activities and responsibilities.
- Ability to work well with others, to communicate effectively and clearly, and to maintain a good sense of humor.
- Possesses experience with integrated accounting programs, preferably MIP or comparable accounting software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Intermediate Excel skills preferred.
- Ability to perform accounting tasks with high degree of accuracy with detailed information.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess mathematical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to track and manage routine and non-routine tasks with thoroughness & timeliness.
- Ability to use tact and good judgment in responding to a variety of personalities & situations.
- Ability to work independently while keeping Director of Accounting and/or other directors informed on project/assignments.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and to effectively prioritize in dealing with time constraints.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one‑on‑one and small group situations to Sisters and other employees of the organization.
- Demonstrates problem‑solving and organizational skills.
- Possesses flexibility and the ability to work in a changing environment
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision, while keeping supervisor informed of progress on projects/assignments.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain confidentiality of departmental records.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered sedentary work and has a light degree of physical demands. Frequently sits while doing computer work and stands/walks up to 3 hours/day on various surfaces. On a rare basis lifts/carries up to 10 pounds of boxes and files and bends when retrieving files and moving reams of paper and pushes/pulls force of up to 10 pounds. On a rare basis reaches at shoulder levels while retrieving books/files and documenting information and handles/grasps books, files and when using writing instruments. Frequently uses fine finger manipulation while keyboarding up to 4 hours/day.
15 hours per week, 3 days per week.
The above description generally reflects the primary functions of the position. The above statements shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be required for the position.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names visit: www.snjmusontario.org
: In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at https://snjm.catsone.com/careers
. Click “Apply Now” to complete and submit the online application