The part-time Receptionist answers the telephone and greets incoming guests. As the first contact with the Villa, the receptionist must convey a sense of hospitality. The position is responsible for registering guests and also assists with a variety of other office duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives visitors cordially and refers the guest to the appropriate person.
- Answers the telephone with appropriate greeting.
- Acts as initial concierge for guests and calls their hostess.
- Takes messages accurately if guest or staff member is out.
- Delivers messages promptly to appropriate person/place.
- Verifies guest payment including incidental costs.
- Provides assistance to any visitor with issues, complaints or concerns with empathy and a focus in guest satisfaction, works in partnership with the Administrator when necessary.
- Assists with keeping files, forms and reports current.
- Prepares mailings and provides clerical assistance as requested.
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assists in maintaining good order of the front office.
- Assists in maintaining office supplies and prepares list of needed materials.
- Receives email and fax messages and directs them to the appropriate person.
- Makes copies of the price list and other general forms, as needed.
- Oversees the Fax/copy machine, calls for supplies/service as needed.
- Receives packages and appropriately channels them to the correct department or person.
- Processes gift purchases from Villa lobby such as: cards, journals and sweatshirts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a high school diploma; prefer some college level experience.
A year of office work experience. Some customer service experience and/or a willingness to learn.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND THE WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names.
- Model SNJM Guiding Values in carrying out work activities and responsibilities.
- Able to respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Excellent public relations customer service, telephone and office skills.
- Responsible in carrying out daily tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while being courteous to guest and other staff.
- Familiarity with basic office machines.
- Strong reading, writing and language skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with personnel and guests.
- Prolonged periods of sitting and computer use.
- Frequent interruptions for telephone or in-person queries.
- Frequent fluctuations in temperature from proximity to the front door.
- Some need to stoop, lift, crouch, and lift up to ten pounds.
Environmentally controlled air temperature; normal lighting; moderate noise levels. Machines/equipment used: computer, printer, copier, fax machine, postage meter, telephone.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. To apply, submit your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com
The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.