The Human Resources Generalist provides collaboration and support for day-to-day human resource operations. General areas of responsibility include staff recruitment, benefit administration, staff events and collaboration in various areas of the human resource functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs overall recruitment tasks; conducts screening interviews; coordinates interview schedules; orders employment background checks; provides new hire information and schedules orientation.
- Administers employee benefits plans for employees. Schedules and conducts annual open enrollment. Provides strategic ongoing communication to increase employee understanding of and participation in benefits.
- Maintains human resource personnel files and information system records and compiles reports from database.
- Provides day-to-day support for HR operations.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state employment regulations. Maintains appropriate employee files and documentation in compliance with legal and internal requirements.
- Contributes to the development of department goals, objectives and systems.
- Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Coordinates new employee onboarding program and employment-related training for employee.
- In collaboration with the Communications department, develops an employee e-newsletter that provides information on benefit updates and work-related topics.
- Participates on OSHA committee.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
: Minimum of 3 - 5 years of HR experience in a variety of HR functions.
: PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.
- Must model SNJM Guiding Values in carrying out work activities and responsibilities.
- Must be able to respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
- Success in developing and working with collaborative partnerships, both internal and external to the organization.
- Proven ability to use sound judgment, tact, and discretion in handling sensitive employment issues, and to respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; approachable communication style.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to speak/comprehend Spanish a plus.
- Detail oriented with an ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to plan, organize and follow through on projects.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; flexible.
40 hours / Monday – Friday
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Position is considered sedentary work and has a light degree of physical demands. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
Personal computer, keyboard, mouse; office telephone/voice mail system, and web conferencing equipment.
The above description generally reflects the primary functions of the position. The above statements shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be required for the position.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical/dental, group life and disability coverage, a 401K plan, and paid time off.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names visit: www.snjmusontario.org
: In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at https://snjm.catsone.com/careers
. Click “Apply Now” to complete and submit the online application
The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary is a congregation of Catholic Sisters and Associates who are dedicated to the full development of the human person through education, social justice, contemplation and the arts.