Job Title: Marylhurst Property Manager
Department: Property Management
Reports To: Director of Properties
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: May 2019
The Marylhurst Property Manager ensures that all SNJM Marylhurst structures and grounds are maintained in optimum condition. This position is responsible for the supervision of grounds and building maintenance employees and performs maintenance functions as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regularly assesses condition of all SNJM Marylhurst campus buildings and grounds.
- Facilitates the development of an overall plan for repairs and renovations of campus buildings and infrastructure by evaluating and documenting the current condition of all buildings and ensuring compliance with health, life safety, ADA and building codes.
- In collaboration with the Director of Properties, ensures the success of capital projects and physical improvements by coordinating planning, design and construction.
- Oversees the systems and contracted services including grounds, security alarm system, fire alarm system, landscaping and cleaning services. This includes delegating related routine tasks as appropriate.
- Manages on a day-to-day basis contracted services provided by Mary’s Woods.
- Ensures that Housekeeping services cleans and maintains all campus facilities in a manner that provides for a clean and safe environment
- Directs and implements security, safety and emergency response policies and procedures, oversees the work activities of security officers, creates functional strategies and objectives to maintain safety and security.
- Participates as a member of the SNJM Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Safety Committee.
- Promotes the use of recycled and sustainable products.
- Supervises an effective and efficient department by training staff to departmental standards including workplace safety.
- Manages department funds by planning, developing and controlling the annual budget.
- Manages utilities with a focus on efficient use of energy resources.
- Performs other duties, executes specific projects, receives property maintenance requests (repairs, upkeep, remodeling).
- Responsible for collaborative ongoing communications with staff or sisters who are impacted by property improvements or changes.
- Provides backup to the Campus Security Officer when needed.
- Participates in personal professional development activities to maintain up-to-date knowledge of theory and practice.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Province policies and applicable laws.
- In conjunction with the Director of Human Resources, responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, including annual performance reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Supervises 4 to 6 employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
B.A. or B.S. degree in construction management, business administration or
Minimum 8 to 10 years of direct management experience in management of buildings
and grounds, including technical knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, fire, security
and irrigation systems. Minimum 5 to 7 years of direct staff supervision.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Include work environment as appropriate to the job’s performance (e.g., working in temperature extremes, using hazardous equipment, lifting requirements, etc.).
- Must be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names.
- Must model SNJM Guiding Values in carrying out work activities and responsibilities.
- Must be able to respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Proven ability to manage, coach, and evaluate staff and to provide guidance and support in their development.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and technical drawings.
- Ability to read and understand labels, installation and operation manuals.
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software programs in a Windows environment.
- Demonstrated ability in team-oriented problem solving, prioritizing and delegating skills.
- Excellent judgment, self-motivation, ability to manage several projects simultaneously, and excellent follow through in all areas of responsibility.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must possess good organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and to establish and rearrange priorities.
- Ability to be flexible and work with a variety of personalities.
- Must possess excellent leadership and supervisory skills.
- Ability to create and manage budgets.
- CPR/First Aid certification.
- State of Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) certification.
Work is performed in a variety of locations: in an office environment; in residential and office properties, and outdoors on property grounds. The position may require climbing ladders, walking at roof level, and lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying loads of up to 50 pounds.
Motor vehicle; tools and machinery needed to maintain property; telephone, copy machine, personal computer, cell phone.
Full-time, 40 hours per week Monday through Friday; occasional week-ends as needed.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.