The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary is a congregation of Catholic Sisters and Associates who are dedicated to the full development of the human person through education, social justice, contemplation and the arts.
The Temporary (2-3 month) Housekeeper for the Villa Maria del Mar is a part-time role, working an average of 30 hours per week. The person in this role is responsible to make a clean, safe and welcoming environment for guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Thoroughly clean the areas assigned:
- Bedrooms, bathrooms, stairs and hallways in the Annex and on the Main House second and third floors each time guests leave.
- Bedrooms, bathrooms and hallways in the Siena Building first and second floors each time guests leave.
- Outside bathrooms daily when there are guests and weekly otherwise.
- Elevator tower stairs and landings, windows and doors at least weekly, every day when guests are present.
- Elevator weekly or every day when guests are present.
- Public areas, (Seaview and Oceanside dining room, entry at front and behind the dining room) daily when there are guests, otherwise weekly.
- Chapel every Thursday.
- Josephine House when ever guests leave (Main Room, bathroom, kitchen, dishes and hallways).
- Assist with the laundry:
- Collecting and sorting linens from guest rooms, kitchen and Chapel.
- Correctly loading washers and driers and using the appropriate kind and amounts of detergents.
- Emptying dryers and folding or ironing the linens as needed.
- Preparing “bundles” of linens for remaking guest rooms.
- Distributing the linens to the proper places.
- Assist with special events:
- Ironing table linens and other materials as needed.
- Setting tables with tableware, glasses and plates as assigned.
- Setting out pre-set foods and beverages.
- Serve the meal courses.
- Assist with clearing dishes after each course and preparing them for the dishwasher.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Other assignments as requested by the supervisor.
On-the-job-training in commercial housekeeping settings.
At least two years of work experience related to housekeeping.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Be able to follow directions given by manager or posted on daily schedule.
- Ability to use standard cleaning machines.
- Ability to work with others, and
- Be flexible.
- Exposure to latex, detergents, fumes, airborne particles, and high noise levels.
- Ability to bend, kneel, stoop, lift above the head and carry up to 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- Able to stand for long periods of time, walk around the property and walk up and down stairs on a regular basis.
- Cloths, brushes, and other hand-held materials for cleaning.
- Vacuum cleaner, clothes washer, and clothes dryer.
- Carts and tool caddies.
The above description generally reflects the primary functions of the position. The above statements shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be required for the position.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names visit: www.snjmusontario.org
: In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please send a a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.