The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an international congregation of Catholic Sisters with offices located in Oregon, Washington California and Windsor, Canada.
SNJM prides itself on creating a warm and caring work environment. We treat one another with dignity, seek understanding and we value differences.
If the SNJM work environment sounds like what you are looking for, we invite you to apply for the part-time Donor Stewardship Assistant position we have in our Lake Oswego office. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life insurance and short and long-term disability, a generous 401(k) program, 10 paid holidays per year and paid time off starting at 18 days/year.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Donor Stewardship
Assistant supports the friend-raising, fundraising and donor stewardship activities for the Sisters of the Holy Names in the U.S.-Ontario province.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with processing Advancement office mail, including opening envelopes and preparing donations for data entry and deposit.
- Accurately and timely record donations (including checks, credit cards, cash) in the donor database.
- Assist with generating appropriate acknowledgements and thank you letters. Proofread letters and reports created by other members of the Donor Stewardship team.
- Prepare personalized cards for donor and recipients of Gift of Prayer requests.
- Perform administrative duties as needed including scanning, copying, sorting, mailing, etc.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Two-three years’ experience in an office environment, particularly with database experience. Donor Perfect software experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.
- Experience using database programs, CRM or Donor Perfect experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation to compose and edit business documents and materials and to create professional letters and spreadsheets,; ability to read and write cursive.
- Extensive working knowledge of MS Office Suite programs, including a proven ability to use Excel to prepare reports, and merge into Word to create letters, lists, nametags, etc.
- Attention to detail with accuracy, project management skills, and being highly organized are critical.
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism
HOURS: 20 hours per week.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names visit: www.snjmusontario.org