The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an international congregation of Catholic Sisters with offices located in Oregon, Washington California and Windsor, Canada.
The Sisters are dedicated to the full development of the human person through education, social justice, contemplation, and the arts. Our staff, through their work, live out this vision in support of the Sisters, their mission, and their ministries.
SNJM prides itself on creating a warm and caring work environment. We treat one another with dignity, seek understanding and we value differences. Our teams build supportive relationships that foster openness, trust, and harmony. We look for ways to develop the knowledge, skills and abilities of our employees and encourage staff to think creatively and innovatively.
If the SNJM work environment sounds like what you are looking for, we invite you to apply for the part-time Liturgy Coordinator position we have in our Campbell, California office. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance and short and long-term disability, a generous 401(k) program, 10 paid holidays per year and paid time off starting at 18 days/year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans three weekday liturgies at Holy Spirit Chapel and two weekday communion services, one at Holy Spirit Chapel and one at Merrill Gardens.
- In collaboration with SNJM Sisters, plans Feast Day liturgies including music and appropriate rituals for feasts/seasons (Advent, Christmas, Lent, Holy Week, Easter, etc.).
- Prepares worship aids for feast days and seasons.
- Provides ongoing formation for lectors, Eucharistic ministers, sacristans, and other liturgy participants as needed.
- Reviews music and transposes if necessary; approves transpositions done by others and furnishes music to musicians.
- Schedules and communicates with Presiders for Masses, Reconciliation, Anointing of the Sick and Sisters presiding at Communion Services.
- Plans and is responsible for chapel ambience and seasonal chapel decorations. Orders Sacristy supplies (i.e., hosts, wine, candles, etc.)
- Assists with preparations for funeral liturgies.
- Liaison with the Diocese of San Jose. Attend Diocesan liturgy meetings as needed.
- Engages in occasional pastoral visits to Sisters living in memory units.
- Other related duties as identified and/or assigned.
Works in close collaboration with California regional office staff and Sisters and San Jose area diocesan priests.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education in liturgy sufficient to perform basic liturgical coordination duties. This requirement is commonly met with a Masters or Bachelor’s degree, certificate, or diocesan formation program in liturgical ministry.
Experience in parish liturgical ministry. One to two years’ clerical/office experience or equivalent.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills within a senior living/elder care environment.
- Working knowledge of current liturgical documents and Diocesan liturgical policies.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in groups.
- Musical background, cantor and piano keyboard proficiency and familiarity with liturgical music resources/repertoires.
- Organization and communication skills.
- Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
- Must be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.
- Must model SNJM Guiding Values in carrying out work activities and responsibilities.
- Must respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Understanding of and ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate patiently and professionally with elder population who may have limited sight, hearing, and/or other limitations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform work responsibilities with high degree of accuracy and detail, utilizing proper spelling and grammar techniques.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office suite programs, including Publisher, and music transposing programs and the ability to learn new and/or updated software.
- Experience reporting to License One for use of music.
Position requires combination of sedentary work in an office setting, with ability to lift/maneuver up to 15 pounds. Drives to visit Sisters as needed.
Part-time, 20 hours per week.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names visit: www.snjmusontario.org