The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an international congregation of Catholic Sisters with offices located in Oregon, Washington California and Windsor, Canada.
SNJM prides itself on creating a warm and caring work environment. We treat one another with dignity, seek understanding and we value differences.
If the SNJM work environment sounds like what you are looking for, we invite you to apply for the part-time Liturgy Coordinator position we have in our Campbell, California office. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance and short and long-term disability, a generous 401(k) program, 10 paid holidays per year and paid time off starting at 18 days/year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plans weekday Catholic Masses and Communion Services.
- In collaboration with SNJM Sisters, plans Feast Day liturgies including music and appropriate rituals for feasts/seasons (Advent, Christmas, Lent, Holy Week, Easter, etc.).
- Prepares worship aids for feast days and seasons.
- Provides ongoing formation for lectors, Eucharistic ministers, sacristans, and other liturgy participants as needed.
- Schedules and communicates with Presiders for Masses, Reconciliation, Anointing of the Sick and Sisters presiding at Communion Services.
- Plans and is responsible for chapel ambience and seasonal chapel decorations. Orders Sacristy supplies (i.e., hosts, wine, candles, etc.)
- Assists with preparations for funeral liturgies.
- Liaison with the Diocese of San Jose. Attend Diocesan liturgy meetings as needed.
- Other related duties as identified and/or assigned.
Education in Catholic liturgy sufficient to perform basic liturgical coordination duties. This requirement is commonly met with a Masters or Bachelor’s degree, certificate, or diocesan formation program in liturgical ministry.
Experience in parish liturgical ministry. One to two years’ clerical/office experience or equivalent.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills; ability to interact well with elders (or seniors).
- Working knowledge of current liturgical documents and Diocesan liturgical policies.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in groups.
- Basic keyboard skills for accompaniment. Cantor skills preferred.
- Organization and communication skills.
- Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
- Must be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.
- Must model SNJM Guiding Values in carrying out work activities and responsibilities.
- Must respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Understanding of and ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate patiently and professionally with elder population who may have limited sight, hearing, and/or other limitations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform work responsibilities with high degree of accuracy and detail, utilizing proper spelling and grammar techniques.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office suite programs, including Publisher, and the ability to learn new and/or updated software.
- Experience reporting to One License for use of music.
Part-time, 20 hours per week.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names visit: www.snjmusontario.org