The Facilities Helper 1 performs general maintenance and upkeep of Marylhurst campus grounds and facilities including assistance with building remodeling projects and security issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for general maintenance and upkeep of campus grounds and facilities including clean roofs, gutters, storm drains, pressure wash buildings, sidewalks, outdoor furniture, water fountains, wash windows.
- Provide landscape maintenance including watering trees, shrubs, flowers and lawns, brush cutting, pruning trees and shrubs, raking leaves, blow off sidewalks, spray herbicide for weed control.
- Performs routine HVAC maintenance including replacing filters and cleaning coils. Assist with HVAC repairs and installations.
- Perform minor plumbing repairs, plugged toilets, water leaks, clear plugged drains.
- Assist with building remodeling projects, paint buildings inside and outside, paint handrails and light posts, refinish chairs, tables & benches, move furniture, wash windows, clean-up trash and empty garbage containers.
- Check traps for rodent control.
- Assist with lighting repairs including replacing bulbs, clean fixtures and maintain emergency lighting systems and fire alarms.
- Provide security assistance by inspecting buildings for open windows and doors, water leaks, mechanical and electrical failure. Emergency assistance and traffic control.
- Clean and vacuum building interiors including event spaces and bathrooms.
- Perform other duties as needed.
High School Graduate or GED.
Two years Facilities experience. CPR/First Aid Certification training provided.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.
- Must model SNJM Guiding Values in carrying out work activities and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of and ability to safely operate hand and power tools common to the trade.
- Ability to work cooperatively and maintain a positive working relationship with others.
- Possess a valid Oregon driver’s license and provide proof of a good driving record from DMV.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and work from written or verbal instructions.
- Must be able to pass a physical capacities test.
- Ability to Stand and walk for extended periods.
- Ability to work outdoors in varied weather conditions.
- Ability to twist, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, and walk on uneven ground.
- Ability to lift ladders, tables, pipe and lumber
- Ability to lift (25 to 50 lbs. regularly: up to 100 lbs. occasionally).
- Ability to operate power tools safely.
Full-time, 40 hours per week Monday through Friday. On-call for emergencies as needed.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names visit: www.snjmusontario.org
To apply, submit your resume along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org