The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary is a congregation of Catholic Sisters and Associates who are dedicated to the full development of the human person through education, social justice, contemplation and the arts.
The Director of Properties is responsible for the organization’s portfolio of property on the East and West Coasts of the United States. Overall responsibility includes property operations, supervision of property management staff, budget management, addressing property compliance issues and general property administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for oversight and management of multiple real estate properties in various states.
- Directly responsible for the management of properties outside of the state of Oregon.
- Manages a staff of employees and/or contractors in the operation and maintenance of all Oregon properties owned by the organization
- Develops and implements business processes and policies that assure cost efficient facility operations and minimize unplanned maintenance expenses.
- Develops and manages operating budgets and capital budgets for all properties.
- Routinely evaluates project timelines and general work flow for efficiency and timeliness.
- Develops a comprehensive long-range strategic plan for the ongoing use or sale of each property.
- Plans for and manages property transitions.
- Manages all property leases for the organization, either as lessor or lessee.
- Accompanies regulatory authorities performing building, grounds and utility inspections as needed.
- Collaborates with contractors and employees in various specialty areas, such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical and lighting, plumbing, construction methods and other facility related areas.
- Directs security, safety and emergency response policies and procedures, creates functional strategies and objectives to maintain safety and security.
- Promotes the use of recycled and sustainable products.
- Responsible for managing all work in accordance with established safety procedures, to include OSHA , Fire and Casualty Insurance Carriers, and any/all local, state, and national regulatory agencies.
- Participates as a member of the SNJM Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Safety Committee.
- Participates on various property related committees or works on special projects, as requested by the CFO.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Province policies and applicable laws.
- In conjunction with the Director of Human Resources, responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, including annual performance reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Supervises Marylhurst Property Manager.
Supervises Oregon Property Manager (or contracted service).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
B.A. or B.S. in construction management, business administration or related field, or equivalent experience.
Minimum 10 years of experience in commercial and residential multi-site property management. Minimum 5 to 7 years of staff supervision experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.
- Must model SNJM Guiding Values in carrying out work activities and responsibilities.
- Must be able to respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and others, so as to provide desired customer service levels to occupants, visitors and staff.
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to create and manage budgets, including the ability to evaluate cost-benefit considerations across all areas of responsibility.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proven work experience of efficiently managing time and resources.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel, and Word.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess good organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and to establish and rearrange priorities.
- Ability to be flexible and work with a variety of personalities.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must possess excellent leadership and supervisory skills and experience.
Work is performed in a variety of locations: in an office environment; in residential and office properties, and outdoors on property grounds. The position may require climbing ladders.
Occasional air travel is required, to locations on both the East and West Coast of the United States.
Motor vehicle; tools and machinery needed to maintain property; telephone, copy machine, personal computer, cell phone.
Full-time, 40 hours per week Monday through Friday; occasional week-ends as needed.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical/dental, group life and disability coverage, a 401K plan, and paid time off.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names visit: www.snjmusontario.org
: In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at https://snjm.catsone.com/careers
. Click “Apply Now” to complete and submit the online application