The Communications Specialist
will create and maintain internal databases and directories; catalog and organize digital assets; support end users of iPad devices, including preparing and pushing content to managed devices; work on graphic design projects and website maintenance; assist with content creation and editing; and respond to communications services requests including video and phone conferencing needs. The Province includes multiple locations in the United States and Ontario, Canada. This position is based in Lake Oswego, OR.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mission, Vision, Values: Supports the philosophy, goals, objectives and programs of the Province. In consultation with the department Director, takes advantage of opportunities to deepen her/his understanding of the SNJM community and mission, vision and values.
- Databases and Directories: Maintains and improves existing Microsoft Access database, including adding and editing queries, tables and data relationships. Creates and maintains new databases as needed. Keeps online directories and mailing lists up to date.
- Digital Asset Management: Creates and maintains a library of the Province’s digital assets including images, video and audio files, documents and presentations.
- Managed Device Support: On request, adds and distributes content to authorized iPad devices using device management software. Assists iPad end users with questions about their devices as needed. Takes a leadership role in planning for future needs of iPad users.
- Website and Publication Assistance: Assists the Senior Designer with website updates, print vendor management, and basic layout, image collection and other graphic production tasks.
- Editorial Support: Assists with proofreading and writing articles, announcements, headlines and captions for Province communications channels.
- Office Communications: Schedules and sets up hardware for phone and video conferences, and manages Province Zoom and Arkadin accounts.
- Team Support: Coordinates with team members to create, improve and document procedures to ensure smooth and cooperative execution of department tasks; engages in cross-training to back up co-workers as needed; participates in weekly team meetings and regular retreats.
- Other related duties as identified and/or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree or a combination of post-secondary education and experience that will enable the Communication Specialist to successfully fulfill the position’s responsibilities.
Minimum of 5 years related experience. Experience and/or certificates in Apple and PC operating systems and networks preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.
- Must model SNJM Guiding Values in carrying out work activities and responsibilities.
- Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Proficiency with creating and editing files using Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel. Advanced skills with Microsoft Access, including creation and modification of databases and queries.
- Expertise in iOS, Mac OS and Windows. Remote and onsite technical training experience with non-technical users is a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill with writing and editing in English, including proficiency in grammar, spelling and punctuation and ability to ensure consistency, accuracy and thoroughness of written material. Knowledge of Associates Press stylebook is a plus.
- Ability to speak, read and/or write in French or Spanish is a plus.
- Competence in using Adobe Creative Suite or Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat DC.
- Team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to both work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to analyze and prioritize work assignments and manage multiple areas of responsibility.
Position has a light degree of physical demands, performed in an office setting. Requires ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds. Must have the ability to travel and perform occasional weekend and evening assignments.
Personal computer, keyboard, mouse; Apple iPad; office telephone/voice mail system; cameras; microphones; web conferencing equipment.
Full time, Monday through Friday.
The above description generally reflects the primary functions of the position. The above statements shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be required for the position.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical/dental, group life and disability coverage, a 401K plan, and paid time off.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names visit: www.snjmusontario.org
: In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at https://snjm.catsone.com/careers
. Click “Apply Now” to complete and submit the online application